Here at Walnut Waters Bed and Breakfast near Kansas City sometimes it is hard to choose the best recipe to make for breakfast, but over time our guest favorites emerge. One such recipe is our Homemade Granola Tart with Fresh Fruit. It is not only healthy and wholesome but beautiful as well. It is gluten free and can easily be adjusted to be dairy free. This recipe is easily customized to your taste with your favorite filling and toppings. Have fun with it!
Homemade Granola Tart with Fresh Fruit
Prep: 20 min Cook Time: 15 min
- 1 1/2 C old fashioned oats
- 1 C finely chopped nuts (walnuts, almonds, pistachios, peanuts or pecans)
- 2 T sunflower seeds
- 1/4 C, Plus 1 T coconut oil, melted (may substitute melted butter)
- 1/4 C honey
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 C Greek yogurt of your choice (honey-vanilla is a favorite)
- 4 C chopped mixed fresh fruit of your choice (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, apples, kiwis, peaches)
- Drizzle of honey
- Sprig of fresh mint
- Preheat the oven to 325 F.
- Mix oats, nuts, seeds, melted oil, honey, vanilla and cinnamon together until mixed well.
- Divide the mixture between 8 mini tart pans.
- Press in place to evenly cover the pan from side to side.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake in the center rack of the oven for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately after removing from oven press down or adjust the granola to cover the bottom and sides of the tart pans.
- Allow to cool completely in the pan before removing.
- Gently remove from pan. (Tip: I use Wilton tart pans that have a removable bottom for easy removal from the pan.)
- Fill each tart with yogurt smoothing out evenly
- Arrange fresh fruit on top, drizzle with honey and add a sprig of fresh mint.