Things to Do near Us in the Kansas City, MO Area
Walnut Waters Bed & Breakfast sits just 30 miles east of Kansas City, Missouri. We are only a short driving distance from both Interstate 70 and MO-Route 50 that allow easy access to Kansas City, Lees Summit, Blue Springs, Independence and all the attractions and activities that the area has to offer. Lone Jack is full of rolling countryside and local hospitality. For a good start to planning your trip, visit https://www.visitmo.com/things-to-do, and www.visitkc.com.
Kansas City is known for its barbecue, jazz heritage and fountains. The area is full of things to experience whatever your passion may be. There are many opportunities for outdoor recreation, a variety of museums, upscale or antique shopping, the Kansas City Wine Trail, historical tours or national sporting events are all within a short drive from our country oasis. Search www.visitkc.com on your mobile device.
A Few Things Nearby:
Whiteman Air Force Base is a short drive from Walnut Waters Bed and Breakfast it makes the perfect place for a short get-away or a relaxing place to stay when visiting your active duty friends or family. We offer a 10% military discount. Please call, text or email us for details.
- Powell Gardens – Kansas City’s botanical garden! See beautiful manicured gardens, wildflower meadows, a nature trail. (only 5 miles from Walnut Waters)
- Lake Jacomo/Fleming Park
- Burr Oaks Nature Center
- Battle of Lone Jack Museum (Lone Jack)
- National WWI Museum (Kansas City)
- Vaile Museum (Independence)
- National Frontier Trails Museum (Independence)
- Harry S. Truman Museum (Independence)
- Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art (Kansas City)
- Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art (Kansas City)
- Experience the History of Independence Missouri
- Bingham-Waggoner Estate (Highly recommended)
- The City Market – The region’s largest farmers’ market plus many locally owned shops and restaurants.
- Downtown Lees Summit – A very quaint downtown with many shops and restaurants. Farmers’ Market, every Wednesday & Saturday, April-November.
- Cockrell Mercantile Company – “A Home Shopper’s Delight”
- The Brass Armadillo Antique Mall – over 3500 antique dealers under one roof
- Greenwood, Missouri Antique shops
- Deep Woods and Rustic Decor
- Summit Hickory Pit BBQ, Lees Summit, MO
- Smoke Brewing Company – Downtown Lees Summit, highly recommended
- Konrad’s Kitchen and Tap House – Downtown Lees Summit, the pizza chips are addictingly delicious. Live music Thurs-Sat.
- Lone Jack Cafe, Lone Jack, MO
- Arrowhead Stadium – Home of the Kansas City Chiefs
- Kansas City Royals Major League Baseball
- Kansas Speedway – Annual host of two NASCAR Cup Series plus more.
- Kansas City Mavericks Minor League Hockey (Independence Arena)